Health Care Principal
The Podesta Group, a top-ranked bipartisan global government relations public affairs firm seeks a Health Care Principal to join its dynamic team of legislative and communications strategists. If you have the following attributes, we want to hear from you.
• At least ten years of professional, full-time experience working on Capitol Hill, in the Federal government, trade association or similar issue-oriented, advocacy environment. A strong understanding of Washington’s political and legislative process is key.
• Capacity to develop, lead and implement strategic client plans and objectives.
• Working relationships with: key congressional committees of jurisdiction (Senate Finance; House Ways and Means; Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pension, House Energy and Commerce), regulatory agencies and third party groups is a must.
• Must be comfortable with and want to enthusiastically advocate on behalf of a wide-range of firm clients, including for-profit provider-side entities. In-depth knowledge of business and provider-side healthcare is a plus.
• Ability to think strategically, multi-task and desire to lead and build a practice/sector.
• Skilled in personnel management, mentoring and supervision.
• Excellent oral and written skills and ability to represent and present to external stakeholders.
Candidates should not only have experience working in a team-based environment, but thrive within one. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate that they are comfortable working with a wide variety of colleagues who hail from a variety of professional backgrounds, and relish the notion of working across every level of the firm – from fellows to founder.
If this sounds like you, and you’re as enthusiastic about your future as we are about ours, please send your one or two-page resume to Jobs@PodestaGroup.com. Please note “Principal” in the subject line. Reply only if you currently live in the Washington, DC area. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration. Equal opportunity employer.
Internship and Fellowship Program
If you are a current college student or recent graduate interested in government relations, public affairs, or digital advocacy, we want to hear from you. We offer paid intern and fellowships! Our team includes between seven and ten interns/fellows during each term: Fall/Spring/Summer.
Fellows who are solid contributors over the course of a term are typically invited to stay on for a second term. Several of our fellows have gone on to join the firm as permanent employees.
Please help us help you in your application process and send just a one page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate your area of interest in the body of the email – Tech/Telecom, Healthcare, Financial Services, Energy/Environment, International, Public Relations, Digital or Business Development – and please indicate the term for which you are applying in the “Subject” line.
It’s important to know that generally our fellowships are filled three months in advance. We do review all resumes. If your experience fits our needs during the term for which you are applying, we will be in touch with you and ask that you take a writing test.
If it turns out that you are an excellent writer, we will schedule a phone interview.
Equal opportunity employer.