Senior Digital Strategist
The Podesta Group, a top-ranked bipartisan global government relations public affairs firm seeks a Senior Digital Strategist to join its dynamic, fast-growing group of legislative and political experts, strategic communications and digital media gurus. Due to opportunity and growth, this person will be responsible for defining and executing strategic advocacy solutions for clients across native, premium and social media content platforms. They will develop content strategies rooted in PG’s proprietary insights, and define creative platforms for always-on programs across categories and industries. This person should be a strategic thinker who will work across analytics and insights, creative, editorial, production, media planning and content optimization. The Senior Digital Strategist must also have a passion for team work and strong team collaboration and a knack for client relationship management, including the ability to guide clients through the ever-evolving social media landscape.
If you are a professional with the following attributes (some obvious, some not-so), we want to hear from you.
- Exacting attention to detail – type As encouraged, perfectionism embraced.
- Ability to multi-task. You are energized by collaborating with different teams of people for the large majority of your day and you relish a couple of hours of writing and editing each day.
- Digital advocacy experience – preferably including experience in an agency environment and/or Capitol Hill, the Administration or political campaigns.
- Experience with digital analytics tools.
- Experience with content management system tools.
- Self-starter with a passion for both data and conceptual-driven strategy.
- Excellent consultative and relationship-building skills working with senior-level communications and business leaders.
- Experience in developing multi-platform content strategy rooted in insights.
- A deep understanding and familiarity of politics and government.
- Proven success in driving creative, integrated digital campaigns from concept to execution and reporting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and presenting compelling content and/or social media marketing strategy presentations.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting engagement metrics, working across the various reporting tools; utilizing data to drive content strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide counsel to clients and internal PG teams.
- Provide insight on emerging trends and social media developments.
- Use digital analytics/social media listening tools to develop data-driven strategies.
- Ensure quality of work and flawless execution maps back to initial strategy.
- Identify cutting-edge tools and techniques to help support business objectives, advance storytelling and drive engagement.
- Develop insights based on digital analytics, knowledge of the client needs and political trends impacting client issue areas.
- Take broad client RFPs and campaign concepts or strategy and translate them into meaningful, actionable strategic approaches that suit the client.
- Work with our creative team to inspire and develop innovative solutions to solving client challenges.
- Identify ways to measure success against the campaign goals and achievable outcomes; determine methods to collect and present data and analysis to clients as well as internal stakeholders.
- Participate in content production from analytics to execution to ensure it is “on strategy.”
Candidates should not only have experience working in a team-based environment, but thrive within one. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate that they are comfortable working with a wide variety of colleagues who hail from a variety of professional backgrounds, and relish the notion of working with everyone at the firm, from entry-level Fellows to our Founder and CEO.
If this sounds like you, and you’re as enthusiastic about your future as we are about ours, please send just a one or two page resume to Jobs@PodestaGroup.com. Please note “Senior Digital Strategist” in the subject line. Reply only if you currently live in the Washington, DC area. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration. Equal opportunity employer.
The Podesta Group, a bipartisan government relations and public relations firm is seeking a full-time fellow to work with the firm’s growing digital practice to begin immediately.
The candidate would assist with drafting content and identifying trending storylines for engagement. Additionally, the candidate would be trained in a suite of monitoring and analytics software to provide clients with regular analysis on their reputations, issues and policies of interest, as well as offering strategic recommendations based on these insights. The Digital team creates and manages social media profiles for clients, designs and produces content for websites, executes public affairs and advertising campaigns, and uses online analytics to pinpoint influencers and map conversations for clients. This position will gain experience working on a diverse set of topics and clients ranging from international affairs to tech, energy and healthcare policy.
An ideal candidate will have experience managing social media and websites. Previous experience at a public relations or digital firm is a strong plus, as is Capitol Hill experience.
Availability to work 40 hours per week is strongly preferred, but a more flexible schedule may be accommodated. Recent graduates and candidates in graduate school are encouraged to apply.
This is a paid fellowship.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Fellow” in the subject line. Please note your potential start date and weekly availability.
The Podesta Group, a bipartisan government relations and public relations firm is seeking a full-time fellow to work with the healthcare public affairs sector to begin in late May. The duties include covering congressional hearings, writing client memos, conducting background research, assisting with legislative tracking and handling some administrative tasks.
An ideal candidate will have interest and relevant experience working on healthcare policy issues. Familiarity with Capitol Hill is also strongly recommended.
Availability to work 40 hours per week is preferred. Recent graduates and candidates in graduate school are encouraged to apply. Excellent writing skills are absolutely required.
This is a paid fellowship.
Please send resumes to email@example.com with “Healthcare Fellow” in the subject line.
Equal opportunity employer.
Internship and Fellowship Program
If you are a current college student or recent graduate interested in government relations, public affairs, or digital advocacy, we want to hear from you. We offer paid intern and fellowships! Our team includes between seven and ten interns/fellows during each term: Fall/Spring/Summer.
Fellows who are solid contributors over the course of a term are typically invited to stay on for a second term. Several of our fellows have gone on to join the firm as permanent employees.
Please help us help you in your application process and send just a one page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate your area of interest in the body of the email – Tech/Telecom, Healthcare, Financial Services, Energy/Environment, International, Public Relations, Digital or Business Development – and please indicate the term for which you are applying in the “Subject” line.
It’s important to know that generally our fellowships are filled three months in advance. We do review all resumes. If your experience fits our needs during the term for which you are applying, we will be in touch with you and ask that you take a writing test.
If it turns out that you are an excellent writer, we will schedule a phone interview.
Equal opportunity employer.